Food Education Standards
- PLFS 3: Food and the environment are interconnected
- PLFS 4: Food behaviors are influenced by external and internal factors
- PLFS 5: Food impacts health
- PLFS 6: We can make positive and informed food choices
- PLFS 7: We can advocate for food choices and changes that impact ourselves, our communities, and our world
Meat and Climate Change
Students will better understand how human activity contributes to climate change by creating a low-carbon dish intended to reduce the amount of carbon released into the atmosphere. Students will increase awareness of harmful carbon emissions that contribute to global warming and learn of various protein options that don’t challenge the environment as much as meat production.
Climate change, meat, environment, environmental impact, vegetarian, carbon footprint
Common Core English Language Arts:
Grades 4-12 Informational Text: Key Ideas and Details (Standards 1,3)
Grades 4-10 Informational Text: Integration of Knowledge and Ideas (Standards 7, 8)
Next Generation Science Standards:
Grades 3-5: ESS3-1 Earth and Human Activity
- carbon footprint
- Climate change
- earth and human activity
- english language arts
- global warming
- informational text
- integration of knowledge and ideas
- key ideas
To view Lesson Plan, login or register.
Not a member? Sign up here.